Wineries, wine tour companies, and related businesses increasingly depend on online sales and reservations to drive their businesses. Visitors to high-demand tourist areas like Napa Valley, for example, will usually reserve most of their activities in advance before starting to ensure their trip meets their expectations.
And, for many wineries, online wine sales and wine clubs represent a significant portion of their overall sales revenue, especially online sales increased significantly, driven by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Source: Silicon Vally Bank: State of the US Wine Report 2021
After building your engaging and easy-to-navigate website, a wine marketer’s biggest challenge is to develop strategies that place the site nearest the top of the search engine listings. One Forbes article reports that as many as 91% of web searchers never move beyond the first page of search engine listings. As a result, the competition to have your site show up on the first page of viable keyword search is intense.
Strategic, high-quality Search Engine Optimization or SEO for wineries is the key to landing your website on the front page. An experienced, award-winning staff at a proven SEO marketing company like NextGen Wine Marketing understands the complex algorithms used by search engines like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge, and others to rank websites according to searcher keywords.
Strategy and Process for Optimizing SEO
Even if you are blessed with the most engaging, desirable website in the industry, the magic quickly evaporates when visitors become few and far between. SEO strategies must be dynamic and adaptable as the search engines adjust their formula or when a competitor adopts a more aggressive marketing approach.
Processes employed by the NextGen Wine Marketing agency following an initial consultation and agreement to advance your SEO discoverability will include:
- Keyword Research: A NextGen Wine Marketing SEO specialist analyzes competitive marketplace sites to identify searchers’ keywords for related products and services.
- Competitive Analyses: Evaluate competitor campaigns to identify opportunities based on specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Website Optimization: Create website crawlers to evaluate the highest value content present within each search platform.
- Build Domain Authority: Create an authoritative ranking within the client website by high-value sources to your website.
- Content Strategies: Build compelling and fresh content with engaging and authoritative blogs and articles to draw users back to your site as a thought leader in your field.
- Social Media: Create higher awareness of your brand and product through active engagement across numerous social media platforms.
- Measurement and Analysis: Continual performance measurements and evaluations allows the team at NextGen Wine Marketing to stay abreast of market trends. The wine marketing agency will identify opportunities and shifts to make timely improvements by applying appropriate metrics and analysis.
Case Study: How Effective is a Long-Term SEO Campaign?
A case study analysis of NextGen Wine Marketing’s focused SEO strategies demonstrates a notable impact on a current client’s total search visits, pages viewed, new visitors, conversions, sessions and their duration, number of visit sessions per visitor, and bounce rate.
When analyzing the campaign’s effectiveness, clients should look for increasing trends in every statistical component except bounce rate, which ideally should decrease.
Here are some statistical highlights indicating the improving search trends for June in three consecutive years from 2019 to 2021:
Number of Users:
- 2019: 915
- 2020: 1,925
- 2021: 4,461
- 2019: 2,422
- 2020: 6,135
- 2021: 32,455
- 2019: 842
- 2020: 1,846
- 2021: 4,285
- 2019: 13
- 2020: 37
- 2021: 62
- 2019: 1,138
- 2020: 2,590
- 2021: 5,770
Average Session Duration
- 2019: 1:31 minutes
- 2020: 2:03 minutes
- 2021: 2:17 minutes
Number of Sessions per User
- 2019: 24
- 2020: 35
- 2021: 29
- 2019: 05%
- 2020: 05%
- 2021: 10%
*Note that a decreased or negative bounce rate is a positive indication. Since bounce rate is calculated by dividing the number of single-page sessions by the number of all sessions, clients with multiple pages hope to eliminate single-page sessions in favor of multiple-page searches or requests throughout their site. A high or increasing bounce rate can indicate that users barely glance at the opening page and move on without delay.
While these statistics indicate improvements and positive trends in visibility and activity of the SEO Campaign managed by the NextGen Wine Marketing team during the past 24 months, the acquisition and behaviors of clients in three categories also increased.
As a result of the search progress, the winery client enjoyed triple-digit percentage increases in Organic, Direct, and Referral Engagements that led to notable gains in conversions and expansion of its customer base.
Schedule Your Winery SEO Consultation with NextGen Wine Marketing
Effective SEO strategies created and maintained by the NextGen Wine Marketing agency will strengthen your brand and make your winery website far more visible to internet searchers. Headquartered in the heart of Napa Valley, NextGen Wine Marketing understands the wine industry and can tailor a winery SEO plan that captures the most attention.
To schedule your no-obligation consultation to discuss a specially tailored winery SEO campaign, contact NextGen Wine Marketing in Napa, CA, at +1-707-927-5139 or by visiting the NextGen Wine Marketing website and completing the brief Get In Touch Form.